Daniels to depart from PUSD
Principal Brent Daniels (pictured with his daughter) has accepted a new position with Berkeley Unified School District.
- PHS principal Brent Daniels has announced that he will be leaving PUSD on Jan. 27 to become the Director of Human Resources in Berkeley Unified School District.
- Superintendent Randall Booker has recommended that administrators Eric Mapes and Irma Muñoz act as co-interim principals for the remainder of the semester as the district begins the process of filling the position.
- The recommendation for co-interim principals will be up for official ratification on Jan. 24 at the PUSD Board of Education meeting.
- Booker will be meeting with administrators, staff, parents, and students throughout February to ensure community input in the hiring process for the next PHS principal.
- A 20 member interview committee composed of students, staff, a director, school site administrators, parents, board members, and the superintendent will hold the first interview on March 21.
- The Piedmont Highlander would like to thank him for his commitment to students and his constant enthusiasm shown towards collaboration.