Basketball plays in tournament

bballlFriday December 19 through Saturday December 21, the Men’s Varsity basketball team had a tournament.

They first played Berean Christian on Thursday, and won. They then played the Richmond Oilers, who they also defeated.

If they win their game on Friday, they will advance to the Championships.

Senior and captain of the men’s varsity basketball team Joseph Powell said, “ We have to get to the game an hour and a half beforehand to practice and prepare.”

Powell said that to prepare for the game, they all make sure that they are focused in the locker room and that the team has to take every game seriously and rely on our practice.

Senior and Team member Chris Fetterolf said, “I thought the game was really fun, but we also played our hardest and were determined to win.”

Fetterolf said that he was not nervous for Friday’s game because the team had been preparing and practicing so much.

“I was not surprised at the outcome of [Friday’s] game because we had practiced so much and were all really excited to defeat Richmond.”

Powell said that the team was up by two with about 10 seconds left, and the other team’s best player took a shot and missed.

“Chris got the rebound and with two seconds left which secured the win for us,” said Powell.