Igoe Plans To Leave Piedmont

Erin Igoe
Igoe enjoys spending time with her dog

Assistant Principal Erin Igoe announced her resignation from PUSD with an email sent out to faculty members on Nov. 1, 2023. She will remain in Piedmont for the remainder of the school year.

Igoe has been at Piedmont for six years, working as an administrator for her entire tenure. She worked as an administrator for three years before her time in Piedmont, and as a classroom teacher for 15 years before that.

She chose to leave Piedmont because her son was graduating from high school, her other children are in college, and she and her husband wish to pursue other adventures, the email said. Igoe and her husband will be moving to Las Vegas, Nevada, where she plans to receive Nevada teaching and administrator credentials, and continue her work as an administrator. 

“I’ve never lived outside a 100 mile radius [of the Bay Area],” Igoe said.

Igoe has enjoyed her time in Piedmont, she said. Her favorite activities were the Homecoming and spring rallies, the creation of the Pure Leadership program, and the first day back from Covid. 

“[My favorite parts were the] increase in our spirit. The highlight was our recent homecoming rally,” Igoe said, “The first day back from Covid, when we were back in person, seeing the seniors now when they were freshman lining up was really exciting. I’ve really appreciated working with our parent community and planning prom and senior fest.”

Igoe also works with the Piedmont Athletic Council (PAC), co-running it with Athletic Director Bradley Smet. PAC is an organization that was created as a committee for student athletes to improve spirit and respect surrounding sports. 

“Seeing her vision for PAC so that [athletes] can get support and also create a more spirited culture surrounding sports was really impressive, the work that she had done with students to create that,” junior Genevieve Hiller said.

Many teachers and students who have worked closely with Igoe have expressed how great of a coworker and teacher she is. 

“[Igoe] works really hard. A lot of kids don’t understand how much administrators actually do,” Hiller said, “[Igoe] always has so many ideas. If you go into any room that she’s been in that has a whiteboard, there’s tons of lists and ideas she has.”

Dance and Musical Director Amy Moorhead has worked with Igoe for many years, and says Igoe has always been helpful.

“She’s extremely warm and has a lot of energy. She has a great sense of humor. So she’s been really fun to work with and also she really cares about the students,” Moorhead said, “At the first staff day back from the summer she just came up and gave me a hug. Having an administrator come up and be so happy to see me and express that so warmly was unique.”