Winter Concert Recap

Sophie Hess
Logan Watral (11) plays piano

On Dec 5th and 7th the Piedmont Orchestra and Jazz band performed the PHS Winter Band Concert at the Alan Harvey Theater. They played three pieces in genres such as Funk, Afro-Cuban, and Swing Jazz Ballad. They played a variety of pieces such as Misty, Zebrano, Someone To Watch Over Me, and In The Stone. The concert was very well put together from start to finish, the quality of the production was outstanding, and the on-stage presentation was impressive. 

“I think the band and combos really put on a great show.” said junior and trumpet player Tosten Olsen.

The concert was an hour and a half long. 

“I really liked how it was full of upbeat and melodic songs,” junior Arman Kazemi said. 

“I think it was very impressive how communicative the band was and how well they had their parts memorized and how on cue they were.” Kazemi said. 

There was a large audience that came to support the band and enjoy the music. 

“It was a great sized crowd, ” said junior and pianist Logan Watral. 

The PHS Winter Band Concert featured diverse music, seamless production, and memorable on-stage performances.

Members of the band play saxophone