Parker takes center stage with radio contests

As the phone continues to ring, senior Alison Parker anxiously hopes that she will be the lucky 99th caller. Parker has won 4 sets of concert tickets from radio stations in the past two years.

The first concert tickets Parker won were for One Direction.She won them from 99.7, the same station from which she later won Ellie Goulding tickets. Parker has also won tickets to the Arctic Monkeys and Passion Pit through 105.3.

“Oh you’re that girl,” said the 105.3 radio host said after Parker called in and won a second time.

When it comes to how it happens, no one knows how she does it.

“People are like ‘do you sit with 30 phones?’” Parker said.

She said that she tunes into the station while doing homework and calls when the time comes.

“I get really anxious when the radio DJ actually picks up and my stomach is in knots wondering if I actually won or not,” Parker said.

Parker said her persistence is what wins her tickets.

“I know for One Direction, she was literally obsessed with getting the tickets. She would call in at lunch and brunch,” senior Blythe Hyman said.

“I think she’s extremely lucky. I feel like it would take a ridiculous amount of time and dedication to get through and make sure you’re calling at the right time,” senior Natalie Godfrey said.

Parker’s next quest is to win Two Door Cinema Club tickets.

“I think she should try her luck with lottery tickets,” Hyman said.