Phantasmagoria Talent Show Returns

The PHS Acting class presents Phantasmagoria

The second ever Phantasmagoria talent show will be held on April 4 in the Alan Harvey, hosted by the PHS Advanced Acting class. All interested students and staff are encouraged to sign up alone or in a group and participate. Entry will be free, but attendees and performers are encouraged to make a donation of five or more dollars at the door.

Lip-syncs, dances, magic shows, comedy and other acts will be put on during the show by students and teachers. Members of the acting classes will be emceeing the show, performing skits in between acts, and handling sound and lighting.

Seniors Ella Puckett and Eve Tellegen are members of the Advanced Acting Class’s Independent Project Team, and they are in charge of running the production.

“We’re putting on Phantasmagoria, that’s our role,” Puckett said. “That means organizing the entree acts in between the skits and organizing the talent.”

Although taking on an administrative role, the pair will be performing the show’s opening number, Tellegen said.

This will be their second time participating in the talent show. As seniors, they’re looking to end their last year at PHS on a high note.

“We had a lot of fun doing it last year and it ended up being a really enjoyable night. We want to go out of high school leaving something that’s really fun and good for the community,” Puckett said.

Tellegen said last year’s show succeeded in bringing people from Piedmont together.

“The [theater] was almost entirely filled and it was a lot of fun, so we wanted to bring it back this year and expand it even more,” Tellegen said.

A few acts from last year will be returning with hopes of improving their acts. Last year, sophomore Chaz Amit-Guite performed a juggling act. This year, Amit-Guite said they want to add in unicycling and knife juggling, though they acknowledge that asking to bring knives to the show, even if for the act, is a long shot.