Acts ready for Spring

The advanced acting class put on performances of Dead Man’s Cell Phone by Sarah Ruhl, and William Shakespeare’s Hamlet from March 13 through March 16

Dead Man’s Cell Phone is about how technology can unite or isolate people in the modern age, according to sfplayhouse.org.

Senior Talia Purnell will be playing the lead role of Jean. Juniors David Ehrlich, Amy Kelleher, Tatum Burnett, Cecilia Soghikian, and Robbie Diaz also have roles in the play.

“The play is really good and artistically well done. It’s really fun to perform and I think it’s gonna be really enjoyable to watch.” Ehrlich said

The other play being performed by the class is Hamlet by Shakespeare. Hamlet is the story of revenge and rage set in the Kingdom of Denmark.

The four main characters were played by juniors Becca Havian, and Cecilia Soghikian, and seniors Zane Haney and Wes Dunlap.

Junior Becca Havian said that performing a Shakespeare play is I little bit more difficult because there is more analyzing of the text. Havian said “The play is going to be awesome. We’ve worked very hard to achieve the level that the play is at currently…it is going to be remarkable.”

The Advanced Acting class also goes into Acting I and Acting II classes to help out with scenes and monologues.

“Sometimes we help them out,” junior Luke Smith said. He recently went into an Acting II class to help out with comedic scenes.