Last rally of the year brings school spirit

Music pounded. Red, orange, green, and blue streamers coated the gym. Seniors yelled 1 4, 1 4, 1 4. A blur of colors and sounds meshed into the last rally of the year.

The rally began with seniors Kathlyn Craigie and Grant Gadbois dancing to the music and throwing candy into the bleachers. Next Junior Xavier Prospero played the national anthem on his electric guitar. Students were yelling and cheering on Prospero as he played his guitar.

The first game of the rally was the spring captains game. All of the spring captains came out onto the gym floor and each pair had to crawl on their hands with a balloon across the gym and then pop it and run back.

Next, four participants, one from each grade came into the middle of the gym. Each participant had been voted the most spirited for their grade. All four of the students had to bob for candy in a bin of water and then run to a table and stick their head in a pan of flour to find more candy.

The final part of the rally was a basketball game. Three seniors guys vs. three freshman

guys. The seniors ended up winning 3-2 in the last minute of the game.

Senior Grant Gadbois said that the rally was really exciting and that he and Craigie had a lot of fun writing the MC script together.

“I was so happy to be chosen as the mc for the rally and I really wanted to make my class proud,” Gadbois said.

Sophomore Audrey Meyersieck said her favorite part of the rally was the most spirited games. Meyersieck said she liked how enthusiastic all the participants were and seeing the flour all over their faces.

“This rally was unique just because it was the last one of the year so everyone got really into it. People got more spirited than usual,” Meyersieck said.

Sophomore Katie St. Claire said she thought the MC’s were really funny and that this rally was a lot different than the other ones.

“ASB added the entertaining basketball game and it was nice not having someone sing the national anthem because it sounded really cool on a guitar,” St. Claire said.