Wellness Center hosts free lunch on Fridays

Every Friday, the Wellness Center is hosting a free lunch where any student attending PHS is welcome to come for a free lunch and participate in various activities.

The Wellness Center started these free lunches on April 4th and is hoping to continue them as long as they keep getting donations from various food establishments, therapist intern Tracey Brown said.

“I came up with the idea because I wanted to break the monotony of lunch. I know some people are completely satisfied with it and that is great, but there are sometimes people who want something different and I wanted to provide a space for everyone to feel comfortable,” Brown said.

Intern Danielle Nestore said that the director made the decision to start these free lunch Fridays, and which draw students to the wellness center and allows them to know the Wellness Center is a cool and safe place to be at.

“I think we are going to try and do this next year as well. It seems like such a good idea and I hopefully we can keep receiving donations, even though it will be hard”, Nestore said.

In addition to a satisfying free lunch provided, there are also multiple activities prepared for the students’ enjoyment.

“The first Friday we played two truths and a lie and the second Friday we played apples to apples”, Brown said.

For both Friday’s, Mulberry’s has provided the food but the Wellness Center is working on getting Holly’s Mandarin and Whole Foods to donate as well, Brown added.