Acapella classes perform at annual revue

From singing I’ve Got the Music in Me to dancing to Shambala, the Acapella class performed in the annual revue on Friday May 30, Saturday May 31 and Sunday June 1.

The class performed a total of 32 songs directed by Acapella teacher Joe Piazza.

The show opened up with Some Nights  performed by Chamber and Advanced Choirs and ended with Good Life performed by the entire Acapella choir.

Junior Quinn Burnett said the theme of this year’s revue was called “Under Pressure”

“It was supposed to be about the pressures of life and along those lines, but we did not really follow the theme too closely with all the songs,” Burnett said.

Junior Jackson Roberts, who was apart of Chamber Choir this year, said the revue has been enjoyable to perform because it is nice to see all the work the class has been practicing come out on stage.

“It was really exciting to get the chance to have a solo this year,” Roberts said. “It is fun to just kind of belt it out into the microphone.”

Freshman Caroline Dunlap, who was apart of the Beginning girls’ choir, said the revue is a completely new experience from something she has ever done before.

“Everyone involved is so great and puts in so much work into the show,” Dunlap said.

Burnett said it is fun to see the final product this time of year and is looking forward to next year’s Acapella class and revue.

“There are a lot of great singers in these classes and it has been really fun to work with all of them,” Burnett said.