Seniors explores identity with video project

Seniors in Ms. Foster’s English classes made 30-60 second video clips showing their personalities to their classmates in a creative way.
Foster said that this was the first year she has ever done this project and was excited to see what students can show about themselves in a minute long video clip.
All of the students’ films from her 1st and 7th period English 7-8 classes will be compiled into one large video that Foster hopes to share with all of her senior students from this year.
“I think this project is a cool idea because we don’t have a final exam,” senior James Clifford said. “It takes off some stress of having to study and allows us to create a creative project that we can share with all our classmates.”
Clifford said that he included some footage of his Ford F-150 truck as well as some of his other hobbies, such as him playing guitar.
“I really liked the idea behind this project because it allows us to show our personalities in a cool way, rather than sitting in front of a class and reading an essay on ourselves,” senior Sam Jones said.
The project has very little guidelines and allows the students to really make what they want.
“It’s like an essay without an assigned topic, a free write except in video,” Jones said.
Videos for students were due on May 28, and the fully compiled video will be shown likely during finals week, Foster said. The full compiled video should be around 45 minutes.