Student atheletes signed to play sports in college

Today at lunch, the library hosted a celebration for seniors Maddie Baum and Sarah Mooney to sign to college for sports.

Baum signed to University of Denver for division 1 lacrosse and Mooney for division 1 water polo.

The ceremony began with an introduction from Assistant Athletic Director Megan Hernandez. It takes a great amount of work to be a successful student athlete, Hernandez said.

Next, Principal Brent Daniels spoke, also commending the athletes.

JV and Varsity Women’s Lacrosse coach, LaNon Gillins, spoke about Baum’s diligence and positive attitude on the lacrosse field.

“It was amazing to have the people that I care about there to support me,” Baum said. “I owe it all to my coaches, family, team and friends.”Women’s Water Polo coach Aileen Finney also went up to speak about Mooney’s team leadership skills and greatness in every position on the team.IMG_1777

Mooney said that she is happy to be done with the application process.

“Choosing Bucknell so quickly was scary at first,” Mooney said. “But I really liked the girls on the team and the coach seemed great so I decided it was the best place for me.”

Mooney said that she is excited to continue playing water polo in the upcoming years.

“We are so excited about all of Maddie’s hard work and accomplishments,” Baum’s father Ronnie Baum said. “I am proud that after so many hours of lacrosse, her work has paid off.”