Men’s Soccer wins 4-1 against Alameda Hornets

The Piedmont Highlanders Boys Varsity Soccer team defeated the Alameda Hornets 4-1 on Wednesday night.

The Highlanders had an exciting start to the game, with sophomore Julien Orban taking the lead, scoring the first goal of the game. sophomore Gabe Watson soon followed taking a quick shot against the Hornets and scored. Orbon stole the ball and scored again, then senior Irvin Xu scored one last goal. The Highlanders had a lead of 4-0 in the first half of the game.

They continued to play strong with a comfortable lead of 4-0 in the beginning of the second half of the game. Junior Bryan Ford dribbled down the field with full force stealing the ball away from his opponent, making the crowd go wild. Minutes later Watson kicked the ball almost making a goal. But with senior Connor Christiansen not too far behind, Christiansen picked up the rebound and was inches away from scoring a goal. The Highlanders finished the game strong with a winning score of 4-1.

With a crowd of excited fans, freshman Carly Bland, was also excited to be at the game.

“I used to play soccer, so I really enjoy watching the soccer games”, Bland said.

Senior Alec Sieban, a player on the team, really enjoys playing soccer with his teammates after school at practice and during the games because a lot of his friends are on the team.

“I am being recruited to play soccer next year at Emerson College in Boston which will be really fun”, Sieban said.

Sieban wanted to give Xu a shout out in the game because he worked extremely hard on the field.