Fresh First Impressions

Daniel
PHS Class of 2027 class poster

On August 9, a wave of anticipation washed over PHS as the class of 2027 stepped on campus for the first time.

While embarking on this new journey, some of the students found themselves grappling with a sense of unpreparedness. 

“I’m still confused about events and school ceremonies,” said freshman Justin Amen. 

It wasn’t just the events, but a spectrum of uncertainties that seemed to cast a slight shadow on their excitement.

“The biggest challenge to my success is going to be the homework load and the assessments,” said freshman Ariel Shusteff. This feeling was mirrored by freshmen Mihrad Malektour and Amen, both of whom acknowledged the weight of academic responsibilities.

Yet, within these challenges, freshmen realize that there is a range of possibilities for growth and connection. 

“I am excited to meet new people and expand my friend group during lunch,” Shusteff said.

Sports and extracurricular activities are some of the places where freshmen have identified that bonding can take place. Malektour said he sees a future with tournaments and practices, where his circle of friends would naturally expand.

“I that through my teams, I can create a new friendgroup and lasting memories at PHS.” Malektour said. 

Despite the enthusiams, freshmen are still searching for their first pivotal moments at PHS.

“I haven’t had any memories yet, but I am looking forward to meeting new people and creating memories with them,” Shusteff said. Despite the challenge of the adjustment, his optimism is shared among Amen and Malektour.

“Adjusting to PHS has been hard, but I am looking forward to the year and the new environment,” Shusteff said.