Bagels and Mental Health Club Feature

Ste
Bagels and Mental Health club members during a meeting.

Bagels and Mental Health Club meets on Mondays at lunch in Room 30A. 

Club president and senior Danny Allen said the club’s goal is to destigmatize open discussions about mental health, educate others on the importance of mental health, and provide a space where people can have fun and de-stress. 

“It’s important to talk about mental health and to create spaces where people feel comfortable doing so because if you don’t people can become very isolated and struggle to reach out to others,” Allen said. 

During meetings, club members receive presentations and lessons about national awareness months, weeks, and days related to mental health and participate in games such as “fact or fiction”. This club is also a place where students can bond over bagels.

“This club gives us a space to talk about how we feel, with bagels.” treasurer Carmen Gaylord said. 

Allen said the club plans to have fundraisers throughout the year to support organizations with a mission similar to theirs.

Bagels and Mental Health Club aims to show the importance of taking time to relax, reset, and have fun by offering activities and projects that lighten the mood, such as watching movies and making friendship bracelets.

Most importantly, this club is a place where members can express themselves to a group of welcoming and supportive people, Allen said. 

View Comments (1)