Repurpose Runway Club Feature

Madelyn Hill
Repurpose Runway Clothes Swap

Repurpose Runway meets once a month on Wednesdays in room 307. 

Repurpose Runway aims to support students in recycling clothes and giving them a new life, thus keeping them out of landfills, senior club president Sara Broach said. 

Many of Repurpose Runway’s events take place outside of school. 

“We’ve hosted several clothing swaps, learned about denim repurposing, and gone on thrift trips together,” Broach said.

Repurpose Runway also hosts a dress swap before homecoming every year to help eliminate waste. 

“A lot of the time, the dress that you buy for a dance only gets worn once or twice, so it was really cool to be able to share with friends so someone else could repurpose it,” sophomore club member Vivian Burke said. 

Prior to the pandemic, Repurpose Runway put together an annual fashion show and donated the proceeds from it to charity. Broach said that the club is trying to bring back the fashion show this year. 

“We’re still formulating our plan of action, but we want to collaborate with another club to give it a mission like in past years,” Broach said.

In addition to their many events, Repurpose Runway has also built a community of people passionate about being both sustainable and fashionable.

“All the girls are super kind and welcoming,” Burke said. “Repurpose Runway is such a fun club and one that I always look forward to going to.”