An Eco Future For PHS: A Look At Green Club

Madelyn Hill
Green Club members set up a planter near the 30’s building

Environmental cleanups and climate literacy are some of the things Green Club members talk about at lunch on Wednesdays in room 32. 

“[Green Club] advocates for climate action and ways to make our school and community more sustainable,” co-president and senior Edwin Tang said. 

Green Club has also taken action in the Piedmont community by creating and leading several environmental projects. 

“Some of our projects are the Bee Friendly Flower (BFF) Project and the Lunch Sustainability project,” Tang said. 

Senior club member Derek Chan has also participated in Green Club’s Stop Waste events. 

“We create plans for sustainable environmental issues and collect litter around the community,” Chan said.

This year, Green Club hopes to continue their projects in addition to finding new ways to help keep the school clean, Tang said.

Overall, Green Club has built both a platform and a community for environmentally conscious students.

“I joined Green Club to improve the school’s overall environment,” Chan said. “I love being with friends and others who strive for a more environmentally friendly campus.”